SRSLY hosts the an overnight Lock-In at Stockbridge Bowl to kick off Thanksgiving break. Open to students in 7th-12th grades, students can enjoy unlimited bowling, billiards, games, and food. Doors open at 11pm, and don't reopen until 5am. Permission slips are required to attend!
New Year’s Eve Party
The SRSLY regional New Year’s Eve Party contradicts the conventional wisdom that this holiday can’t be celebrated without alcohol. All of the SRSLY communities come together to throw a big party at Beach Middle School in Chelsea. Youth can enjoy video games, sports in the gym, swimming, arts & crafts, cookie decorating, the photo booth, and free pizza! The night ends with team games and a countdown to the new year.
3×3 Basketball Tournament
Every year, SRSLY hosts a 3×3 Basketball Tournament for youth on a Saturday in March at the high school. Boys and girls in grades 4th and above can participate, and the community is invited to cheer them on! Concessions are sold and SRSLY swag is available.
SRSLY in the Park
Every summer, SRSLY invites youth to play games and do other activities in Veteran’s Park. Usually, SRSLY is there every Monday evening. Activities we’ve done in the past include water balloons, painting rocks, board games, sand volleyball, wiffle ball, and lawn games.
Volunteer Appreciation Party
This is our time to say thanks to everyone who helped out over the course of the year! The party always includes dinner and dessert, plus an award ceremony to recognize volunteers for their contributions. Held during the summer, the event also includes games and the opportunity to have fun with other coalition members.
SRSLY Events Policies:
- The use of alcohol, tobacco, or drugs of any kind, by anyone, youth and adults, will not be permitted.
- Anyone suspected of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time of an event will not be allowed to participate, and any illegal behavior will be reported to the authorities.
- SRSLY Events are open to the public. Coalition membership is strongly urged, but not required.
- Some SRSLY Events will be limited to certain age groups, while others will be open to anyone, any age.
- Parents are welcome to attend an event as chaperones, as long as they contact the SRSLY Coordinator to sign-up beforehand.
- SRSLY Events are open; meaning arrival and departure of participants – youth and adults – will not be monitored or controlled.
- SRSLY Event organizers will make every effort to ensure a safe environment. However, the SRSLY Coalition, its members, and its sponsoring organizations are not responsible for the safety of participants at an event.